The Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich – impressive looks and extraordinary flavour! Whether you’re cooking to impress, or just after an awesome recipe to try out in the morning, this sausage/egg and hash brown bun has everything you need!
|Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich|
|Bratwurst Snail Sausage||1|
|Hash Browns Triangle||2|
|Round Brioche Bun||2|
|Burford Brown Eggs||1|
- Start by poaching your Bratwurst Snail Sausage for around 20 mins in hot (not boiling) water – around 80 to 90⁰ These can be kept warm in your water bath/bain-marie until you’re ready to serve.
- Slice up you onions, and place in a pot. Add a little bit of salt and olive oil, and caramelise down for about 20 minutes.
- Take the sausage and fry in a little oil to colour the outside, turning once to brown both sides. While in the pan, melt the cheese over the snail sausages.
- Crack your egg in pan with a tablespoon of oil, and be careful not to break the yolk. Fry until all the white is cooked.
- Deep fry the hash browns in 180⁰C oil for 5 mins or until golden brown. Alternatively, you can heat under the grill or pan fry if preferred. Once cooked, season with salt.
- Cut your bun in half and toast under the grill until browned on the inside.
- Load the bun up from the base, then double-drizzle with ketchup and mustard. add the caramelised onions and two hash browns. Add the sausage snail to the middle of the base and top with the sunny side up egg.
- Finish the sandwich off with a triple drizzle of ketchup, mayo and mustard. Top with the sandwich bun.
- Allow the yolk to ooze when you or your guests tuck into it!