Full English Breakfast
With a German twist!
What is more savory and filling than a Full English breakfast? The tomatoes and baked beans add a bit of sweetness to the savory grilled sausages, bacon and fried eggs. The mushrooms and sautéed onions bring their umami flavour which makes our food taste savory and delicious. The added cheese brings a hint of salt and texture, while the toast supports and brings the plate together.
The sausages made from Pork and Beef are subtly spiced and will compliment the final dish with their delicious aroma. Their texture and taste go great with the variety of flavours already part of a Full English breakfast. If you wish for an even more filling option, try the Krakauer Bacon Frankfurter as a substitute or the Bratwurst for a more traditional choice.
Makes: 4 servings
4 Pork Hot Dogs – 7 inch long
4 Beef Hot Dogs – 7 inch long
2 red onions
Oil for frying
8 slices of bacon
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 bay leaf
250 g Mushrooms
30 g Cheddar cheese
400 g baked beans
1 cup of baby plum tomatoes
1 tbsp chopped parsley
Toast or butter croissants
Salt and pepper
- Defrost the sausages in a pot of lukewarm water.
- Preheat the oven on 240°C on full grill.
- Chop the onions finely and add them to a pan, along a little bit of oil. Sautee them until they become translucent on medium heat.
- Once the oven is preheated, place the sausages and the bacon slices on the grill and let them cook for about 15 minutes checking on them and turning them on the other side half-way through the cooking time.
- In another pan, pour some oil and cook the fried eggs to your preference. We prefer basting the yolks with oil as they cook. For a cooked-through yolk, you may want to flip the eggs over.
- When the onions became translucent, add half a cup of water to the pan, the tomato puree, salt, pepper and the bay leaf. Cover the pan and let them boil for another 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Once you have fried the eggs, remove them from the pan and reduce the heat.
- Turn off the heat for the onion pan. Let it sit with a lid on until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, the sausages and bacon slices should be cooked through and can be removed from the oven. You can obtain the grill-marks on a griddle pan too.
- Remove the stems of the mushrooms. In the oil where eggs were fried, place the mushroom caps facing down. Cut cheese cubes and once the mushrooms caps have cooked on that side, flip them over and put the cheese in the caps. As the mushrooms will cook on the other side as well, the cheese will melt. Be careful when removing them from the pan since the water they release will make the oil splash!
- Cut the baby plum tomatoes lengthwise and fry them for a few minutes in the same pan. We recommend baby plum tomatoes because of their firm skin and reduced content of water, which helps keeping their shape intact through the cooking process.
- Heat up the baked beans according to their instruction and add in a tbsp of chopped parsley for added flavour.
- Place some bread slices in the toaster while you start plating the food. Season everything with salt and pepper. You can also serve the dish with butter croissants.
- We recommend serving it with your favourite coffee, tea or natural juice.