Chilli con Beef Chilli Frankfurter
There is one other thing, apart from savory food, which will make people reach for their refreshing pint of beer: a deliciously spicy meal. This twist on a classical chili con carne recipe is sure to make any client come back for more! The Chilli Beef Frankfurters are so flavorful and the tiny chili bits inside bring the dish together. The level is spice is easily adaptable to suit both fearless fiery eaters and clients who look for a spike of spice. The coffee adds a layer of complexity and pairs well with the mild sweetness of the corn and carrots.
Instead of rice, this dish can easily be served next to flatbread or nachos. Add a drop of lime juice, pour them a pint of pale ale and know they’ll have an amazing dining experience tonight.
Not so piquant, but equally lip-smacking are our Cheese Frankfurters XXL. Try our Vegan Hot Dogs / Flexitarian Sausages which are made with seitan or perhaps our Halal Turkey Hot Dogs which will certainly suit any dietary requirement.
Makes: 8 servings
1 large red onion
3–4 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp oil
2 bell peppers
1 fresh red chilli pepper
800 g chopped tomatoes
400 g tomato puree
500 g tinned red kidney beans
150 g sweetcorn
1 ½ tsp paprika
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
½ tsp oregano
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp basil
1 ½ tsp savory seasoning
1 tsp pepper
½ tbsp dried chilies
1 beef bouillon cube
150 ml wine
125 ml coffee
Chopped curled leaf parsley
Salt and pepper
75 g jasmine rice / serving
170 ml water / serving
½ tsp turmeric
- Defrost the Beef Chilli Frankfurters at room temperature. When they are defrosted, cut them in small cubes and set them aside.
- Meanwhile, finely dice the bell peppers and slice thinly the carrots and fresh chili pepper.
- Finely chop a red onion and mince 3-4 garlic cloves.
- In a large pot, on medium heat, add the oil and let it heat up. Add the onions and cook them for about 5 minutes until they are soft and have a bit more color. Add the garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes until it becomes fragrant, stirring it occasionally.
- Add the carrots and bell peppers and give them a good mix. Cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add the sausage cubes and cook for another 2 minutes. Then, add the fresh hot pepper slices, the stock cube and the spices. If there are no dried chili flakes, slice a second fresh chili.
- Mix them well and make sure that you stir constantly. Add the chopped tomatoes, as well as the tomato puree. Stir it in and bring it to a boil before adding more ingredients.
- Pour in the coffee and wine and cook the chili con carne for another 10- 15 minutes to reduce it. Season to taste.
- Bring the heat down to low and add in the tinned red kidney beans. Cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Take it off the heat and add sweet corn and chopped parsley. When serving, add a dollop of sour cream on top.
- Serve with rice and a refreshing salad made with cabbage, lettuce, carrot and a basic vinaigrette. For added visual appeal, mix a little bit of turmeric with part of the rice.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 40