Asian ramen noodles with pork hot dog
Asian Ramen noodles are an extremely popular dish. But did you know you can make these in quick and simple way? Even better, you can incorporate The Sausage Man into this meal. So instead of pork belly we introduce the XXL Krakauer Bacon Frankfurter to our ramen noodles. Trust us once you have tried this snack hack you will not go back!
Egg’s Ramen Recipe
We teamed up with Comedian and Cook, Snack Hacker George Egg, and challenged him to develop a Sausage Man version of the Asian dish Ramen Noodles. Voila, we have Frankfurter Ramen. Watch George in action making this genius recipe and scroll down to get the full ingredients and method after.
Packet instant noodles
Now this may be seen as disgraceful, however using instant noodles is a genius idea. As per the name they are ready (almost) instantly, therefore you have your dish prepared in lightning speed. Plus the little seasoning packet blends perfectly with the miso sauce, so you do not have to dig around the cupboards to make up that perfect ramen flavouring.
Chopsticks are a must
In around 10 minutes you will have a delish Asian-inspired ramen noodle dish. Topped with the smoky Pork Hot Dog or Krakauer Bacon. The flavour combinations created here, you will never believe you are eating instant noodles. But, let’s keep it slightly traditional and enjoy with some chopsticks! Don’t we all just love a snack hack?
- 1 x Pork Hot Dog 18cm
- 1 x Chicken Flavour Instant Noodles 90g | Pack
- 1 x Egg
- 1 x tbsp Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 x tsp Dark Miso
- 2 x Spring Onion
- Fresh Coriander
- Pink Pickled Ginger
- Crispy Fried Onions
- 1 x Lime
- Follow the instructions on the packet noodles, double the water required and boil in a pan.
- Whilst waiting for the water to boil, chop the hot dog into smaller chunks and shallow fry on a low heat. You are looking to get the hot dogs to a nice golden brown colour.
- Add the egg to the boiling water and leave for 2 and a half minutes.
- Chop your spring onions and remove a handful of coriander leaves from their stems. And slice the pickled ginger.
- Once the 2 and half minutes are up, add the instant noodles and the seasoning sachet to the pan. Leave for another 4 minutes.
- Create your miso sauce, mixing the miso and 1 tbsp of your noodle broth together in a bowl.
- Add the teriyaki sauce to the chopped hot dogs that are frying and mix together.
- Once the timer is up for the noodles and egg, take the egg out of the pan and pour the noodles and broth directly into the bowl with the miso and stir.
- Peel the egg and chop in half, add both halves to your noodles. Next add the crisped up hot dogs to the bowl, plus the spring onions, pickled ginger and crispy fried onions. Lastly, add the coriander leaves to the tops and add a few squeezes of lime. Serve and enjoy!