Looking for an alternative Valentines gift idea? Try our German Valentines day gift and treat your loved one to a romantic Breakfast Pizza in bed! Pizza might not be your first thought when it comes to Breakfast but it works. This recipe combines a classic pizza with your breakfast favourites and of course includes a German twist. It is sure to spice up your Valentines morning.
If you are really looking to impress, why not make the pizza dough yourself. It takes a bit of time to prep but is sure to show how much you care. Our recipe for the dough is from Italy, you can’t get more traditional that that! Your Breakfast Pizza will definitely shine with this added touch.
What better way to say it with sausage than to add a classic Sausage Man frankfurter to this breakfast dish. We opted for the fiery chilli beef, this will create the perfect German Valentines gift. Add some chilli flakes on top, your valentines morning won’t be able to get any spicier!
Enjoy our take on a German Valentines gift with this breakfast pizza. Why not experiment and change up some of the toppings, would love to see what tasty creations you can make! Start the day with this romantic dish, tear and share and show the love.
- 500g Wheat Flour
- 350ml Water
- 20g Salt
- 7g Yeast
- 2tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Chilli Beef Giant Frankfurter 28cm
- 1 Egg
- 40g Pizza Sauce
- 60g Grated Mozzarella
- Handful of Spinach Leaves
- A Pinch of Chilli Flakes
Prep the Dough – preferably the day before
- Add the yeast, half a glass of ambient temp water & olive oil to a bowl and stir.
- Start to add a bit of flour and water and stir, keeping adding the flour, water & stirring until the dough sticks together.
- Continue adding the flour and water, start kneading with your hands once the dough is sticking
- The dough should become smooth, remove from the bowl, knead for 1 minute
- Place in a bowl with clingfilm (or tea towel) over the top. Leave to rise for a minimum of 12 hours.
Make it romantic
- Once he dough has risen split it in half (you can use the other half the next day, place the unused half back into the bowl)
- On a floured surface, roll the dough out into a heart shape
- Alternatively, you use you your fingers to push the dough into the desired loving shape.
- Add the pizza sauce to the base and put in the oven for 10 minutes
- Chop the Chilli Beef frankfurter into small chunks.
- Remove the pizza base and add the toppings – grated mozzarella, chopped chilli beef & spinach leaves.
- Crack the egg onto the pizza
- Pop back into the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle some chilli flakes over the top and serve.
Tear and Share
- Serving Size: 2