Bratwurst Breakfast Heart
Here at The Sausage Man we are providing some German Valentines gift ideas. You might be struggling to find the perfect gift that shows how you feel. We suggest to simply make it a special day, and that starts with a delicious romantic breakfast.
Say it with Sausage
That special someone in your life deserves a treat, cook them up this Bratwurst Breakfast Heart to show them how you feel. Simple to create, but the finished dish is sure to impress. All you need is a classic Bratwurst, a trusty toothpick, and some eggs to create this hearty breakfast.
Though we prepared this dish with a Bratwurst breakfast sausage, any of our XXL sausages can be used to make this dish. Check out our Sausage section now to find whatever sausage you prefer.
Bratwurst for Breakfast?
Though maybe not traditional morning fare, Bratwurst is a delicious breakfast sausage. Served with the egg of your choice inside, it’s even better. We chose to make a colourful omelette but you could choose a simple fried egg or even scrambled.
Expectation Vs Reality
We put together a little video for anyone who finds themselves a little overwhelmed while cooking. It happens to everyone from time to time. We think that it doesn’t matter how Instagramable your dishes are, but how much love you put into making them.
Most importantly, make sure you to tell your loved ones “ich liebe dich” (I love you) this Valentine’s Day. If you have trouble saying the words, then why not say it with sausage?
- 1 Bratwurst XXL 25cm Sausage
- 1 Toothpick
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Spring Onion
- 100 g Grated Cheese
- Bread Roll
- Tomato Ketchup
Make the heart
- Pre heat the grill to a medium heat
- Slice your Bratwurst down the middle leaving 1 inch at the top uncut
- Pull the two sliced sides together so the skin is facing inwards, this should give you your heart shape
- Put a toothpick through the bottom point of the heart
- Place the heart shaped sausage under the grill to give it a bit of colour, leave for 5 minutes.
- Whisk two eggs in a bowl until they are combined
- Chop up the tomato and spring onion into small chunks
- Pour the egg mixture into the centre of the sausage heart
- Cook for 1 minute on the hob
- Add the chopped tomato, spring onion and grated cheese.
- Cook on the hob until the egg has hardened, finish off under the grill.
- Remove and toothpick and serve
- Serve with a bread roll, a saucy heart (tomato ketchup) and your preferred breakfast drink. Always goes well with a beautiful Rose on the side.