Smoked Jack Potato Bockwurst
In this BBQ summer session Chef Philli BBQ’s a well loved comfort snack that is the Jacket Potato. Using a Weber Genesis Gas Barbeque and a mixture of indirect and direct heat you have a delicious smokey jacket potato. Complete with top-tips for quick and easy preparation, Chef Philli talks us through this fantastic dish – to enjoy at your next garden cook out. The full recipe and video are below now for you to cook along with!
BBQ Summer Sessions
After a successful series of Cooking with Chef Philli, Master Chef Professionals 2020 finalist, Chef Philli Armitage-Mattin, has joined The Sausage Man once again. This time teaming up with Weber Grills to create some extraodinary BBQ recipes, showing you can cook just about anything on a BBQ!
Chef Philli joined us on location at the beautiful Bradbourne House in Kent, to get grilling on both gas and charcoal BBQs – provided by the awesome Weber Grills.
BBQ Jacket Potato
Chef Philli’s shows us an alternative way to cook the classic jacket potato. In her second episode of BBQ Summer Sessions you are in for a smokey sensation. Showing a fantastic selection of barbequed toppings. And not forgetting the already smoky Bockwurst. This really is an amazing Summer comfort treat. These toppings are just a suggestion, why not be creative and create your own version of the Smoked Jacket Potato.
In this series Chef Philli gets to grips with some of The Sausage Man’s newest foods and drinks, as well as some of our bestselling favourites. You’ll find some awesome new ideas for adding some extra chef’s flair to your next garden cook out, bursting with flavour and brimming with style! Make sure you subscribe now to keep up to date – you don’t want to miss out on these.
Smoked Jacket Potato Bockwurst
- Start off with cooking the potatoes. Double wrap each potato in foil so they do not burn. Place on a Weber Grilling Basket, add to the indirect area of the BBQ (Oven area). Cook for 40minutes or until soft.
- Whilst the potatoes are cooking, start making the toppings. Pour a can of five beans to a saucepan. Add in 2 tablespoons of chipotle paste and mix well. Put this saucepan onto the direct heat of the BBQ and leave for 10 minutes or until pipping hot.
- Next up is the sweetcorn. Lightly drizzle olive oil over the cobettes ensuring they are fully covered. Pop the sweetcorn onto the direct area of the BBQ. This will also cook for around 10minutes. You need the sweetcorn to be nicely charred.
- Lastly you need to add the Bockwurst to BBQ, place these on the indirect heat so they do not burn. Leave to char nicely for around 5 minutes
- Meanwhile, make the sour cream and chive topping. Simply add 2 tablespoons of sour cream to a bowl. Squeeze in your lime juice. Chop a handful of chives and sprinkle these on top. Mix together.
- Everything should now be cooked. Remove from the BBQ. Unwrap the potatoes (these will be very hot) carve a criss cross in the middle. Add the Bockwurst to the potato. A spoonful of BBQ beans and grated cheese. Carve the charred sweetcorn and add on top. Finish with a dollop of sour cream and chive with a nice sprinkle of crispy onions on top. Ready to serve and enjoy!