Pork Tacos Al Pastor
In this BBQ summer session Chef Philli BBQ’s a recipe all the way from Mexico. Using a Weber Genesis Gas Barbeque to cook not only a flat bread, but to chargrill a pineapple and to cook the all important pulled pork. Complete with top-tips for quick and easy preparation, Chef Philli talks us through how to make your very own tasty taco. The full recipe and video are below now for you to cook along with!
BBQ Summer Sessions
After a successful series of Cooking with Chef Philli, Master Chef Professionals 2020 finalist, Chef Philli Armitage-Mattin, has joined The Sausage Man once again. This time teaming up with Weber Grills to create some extraordinary BBQ recipes, showing you can cook just about anything on a BBQ!
Chef Philli joined us on location at the beautiful Bradbourne House in Kent, to get grilling on both gas and charcoal BBQs – provided by the awesome Weber Grills.
In this series Chef Philli gets to grips with some of The Sausage Man’s newest foods and drinks, as well as some of our bestselling favourites. You’ll find some awesome new ideas for adding some extra chef’s flair to your next garden cook out, bursting with flavour and brimming with style! Make sure you subscribe now to keep up to date – you don’t want to miss out on these.
Tacos Al Pastor
- Pulled Pork
- 2 packets BBQ Pulled Pork
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 2 tbsp Chipotle Paste
- 125 g Self Raising Flour
- 125 g Full Fat Greek Yoghurt
- Pineapple and Red Pepper Salsa
- 1 Large Pineapple
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 Lime Juiced
- 1 Red Pepper
- Pink Pickled Onion
- 50 ml Red Wine Vinegar
- 12 ml Water
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 Large Red Onion
- 1 Red Pepper
- 50 ml Olive Oil
- Pinch Sea Salt
- 1 Clove Garlic
- A Handful Coriander
- A Handful Parsley
- Cut both ends off your pineapple and slice down the sides to remove the skin. Get a metal kebab stick/ skewer and push through the centre on the pineapple. Place on to the BBQ to low roast whilst you prepare the rest of the dish.
- To make the flatbreads, mix together both the Greek yogurt and Self raising flour until a dough starts to form. Roll in to one big ball and place into a bowl, cover with clingfilm and leave to rest for 20 minutes.
- Next prepare your pink pickled onions. In a deep pan, pour in red wine vinegar, water and honey. Place your pan on to your BBQ on to direct heat to get hot. Whilst the mixture is coming together, chop one large red onion in to small strips.
- When your pickle liquor has become hot, drop in your red onions. These will need to be left on the side for at least 20 minutes in the hot pan to marinate in the liquor.
- Take out your pineapple from the BBQ and place on to a tray with your red pepper, drizzle both with olive oil and season with salt. These will then be placed back on to the BBQ to slowly chargrill.
- Grab a frying pan and drizzle with olive oil and grate in 3 cloves of garlic, then add in two packets of Sausage man pulled pork, oregano, paprika, cumin and chipotle paste and mix together before placing on to the genesis BBQ.
- For the chimichurri, you will need a pestle and mortar. Grate a garlic clove into your mortar, then drop in your coriander and parsley. Use your pestle to grind and mix together the herbs and garlic. Add in olive oil and salt to taste. Once combined, put aside for plating up.
- Grab your pineapple and pepper from the BBQ. The pepper will need to have it’s skin removed, this can be done by rubbing it with a clean cloth. Next chop up your pineapple and pepper into mini slices/ cubes. Place into a bowl, along with a tsp of honey and a squeeze of lime juice and mix together to cover the pineapple and peppers, set aside.
- For your flatbread, pour your dough out on to a lightly floured side. Divide your dough in to 6 pieces and roll each individual ball flat in to a circle about 5mm thick. Place a hot plate on to the BBQ to get hot, once hot, start cooking your flat breads one by one, by placing on to the plate. They will need to be cooked rough 1-2 min on each side, your flatbreads will puff up which will give an indication that they are cooked and ready to serve!
- Place your flat bread on to a plate, load up with your pulled pork from the BBQ, the pineapple and red salsa, a sprinkle of your pink pickled onions and top with the chimichurri. Serve straight away and enjoy!