The Ultimate Breakfast Bun
Chef Philli talks us through this epic Breakfast Sandwich recipe, with pro-tips for perfect preparation. Master Chef Professionals 2020 finalist, Chef Philli Armitage-Mattin, joined Lamb Weston and The Sausage Man to create some fantastic recipes for you to cook along with. Scroll down to find the full recipe and check out the video here now!
Bratwurst Snail Sausage in a bun (but even more epic)
In Episode 4 of Cooking with Chef Philli, our star made us this extremely tasty Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich recipe. The Sausage Man production team tasted it, and we can all confirm how fantastic it is! Made with Hash Browns Triangles from Lamb Weston, piled high with caramelised onions, American cheese and a fried egg – this towering breakfast sausage sandwich is a mighty mouthful!
Whether you’re cooking at home, or catering for a crowd, these Ultimate Breakfast Sandwiches are sure to please. Packed with complimentary flavours and great looking on the plate, these big buns will bring brilliant results. It really is a full fried breakfast that you can eat on the run, but only if you don’t mind getting a little messy!
Double and triple drizzled with any sauce you desire, but ketchup/mayo and mustard are Philli’s recommendations here. Add these to the oozing fried egg and melted American cheese, and it’s a tough one to eat without a bit of mess. We think it’s totally worth it – just keep some napkins handy! This makes a great lunch or dinner too, and is perfect as a snack with a beer when watching your favourite sport! (Over 18s only – please drink responsibly).
The Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich – impressive looks and extraordinary flavour! Whether you’re cooking to impress, or just after an awesome recipe to try out in the morning, this sausage/egg and hash brown bun has everything you need!
|Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich|
|Bratwurst Snail Sausage||1|
|Hash Browns Triangle||2|
|Round Brioche Bun||2|
|Burford Brown Eggs||1|
- Start by poaching your Bratwurst Snail Sausage for around 20 mins in hot (not boiling) water – around 80 to 90⁰ These can be kept warm in your water bath/bain-marie until you’re ready to serve.
- Slice up you onions, and place in a pot. Add a little bit of salt and olive oil, and caramelise down for about 20 minutes.
- Take the sausage and fry in a little oil to colour the outside, turning once to brown both sides. While in the pan, melt the cheese over the snail sausages.
- Crack your egg in pan with a tablespoon of oil, and be careful not to break the yolk. Fry until all the white is cooked.
- Deep fry the hash browns in 180⁰C oil for 5 mins or until golden brown. Alternatively, you can heat under the grill or pan fry if preferred. Once cooked, season with salt.
- Cut your bun in half and toast under the grill until browned on the inside.
- Load the bun up from the base, then double-drizzle with ketchup and mustard. add the caramelised onions and two hash browns. Add the sausage snail to the middle of the base and top with the sunny side up egg.
- Finish the sandwich off with a triple drizzle of ketchup, mayo and mustard. Top with the sandwich bun.
- Allow the yolk to ooze when you or your guests tuck into it!