French Onion Hot Dog
Our Extra Cheesy French Onion Hot Dog is certain to be a family favourite. The classic French onion flavours combined with the juicy cheese frankfurter is divine. Frankly, this dog is so good we don’t know why we didn’t come up with it before! So, on these cold winter days warm yourself up with our French onion dog.
Based on a classic
The warming flavour of French Onion soup is something you cannot beat, especially on a cold day. We all know the comforting taste, just thinking about the irresistible sweet onion flavour mixed with cheese and buttery bread is making our mouths water. So we thought, why not extract these heart warming flavours and add them to a hot dog.
Extra Cheesy Dog
Obviously the main flavour within French Onion soup is onion, followed closely by cheese. Therefore it was an easy choice when picking which frankfurter should be paired with these toppings. So, the Cheese Frankfurter was the clear winner, the swiss Emmental cheese adds an extra cheesy element to the already fabulous French onion toppings.
- 1 x Cheese Frankfurter
- 1 x Hot Dog Bun
- Grated Cheese swiss cheese recommended
- 1/2 Red Onion Chopped
- Drizzle Olive Oil
- 1 x Garlic Clove
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Tomato Ketchup
- Fresh Thyme
- Caramelize the onions by frying the chopped onions in a pan with a little olive oil. Cook until they are browned.
- Shallow fry the Cheese Frankfurter, 5 mins from chilled or 10mins from frozen.
- Melt some butter in a pan and mix in 1 cloves of crushed garlic.
- Spread the garlic butter over the insides of the roll and toast for 2 mins.
- Add the hot dog to the toasted bun with a generous helping of your caramelized onions. Sprinkle the cheese over the top/
- Place the loaded dog under the grill for a couple of mins to melt the cheese
- Add ketchup and a sprinkle of thyme. Serve and enjoy!