Easy Cheesy Sausage Rolls
Super quick Cheesy Sausage Roll Recipe
From Chef Philli Armitage-Mattin
Baking On The BBQ
Summer is just around the corner, so while you’re firing up the BBQ and dusting off the garden furniture, here is some inspiration on something quick and easy to cook.
These EZ Cheesy Sausage Rolls are the perfect addition to any BBQ, party or family gathering this summer.
They only take 20 minutes to make, on the BBQ or in the Oven, serve them with our hot honey dressing and they’ll become a firm favourite all round.
Watch the video now or scroll down for recipe and steps!
Easy Cheesy Sausage Rolls Recipe
For the sausage rolls:
- A pack of our XXL Cheesy Frankfurters
- Sheet of puff pastry
- One egg – beaten
For the sauce:
- German Mustard
- Hot Sauce
- Splash of oil
EZ Cheesy Sausage Rolls
- Be sure to remove your pre-rolled pastry from the fridge 20 mins (or thereabouts) before you use it, to prevent cracking when you roll it out. Reduce this time on hotter days, otherwise the pastry can get too sticky. Preheat your BBQ to around 200°C before you start your prep.
- Once you have rolled all the sausages in pastry, take your beaten egg and wash across the pastry and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- When placing in the BBQ you don’t want to add the sausage rolls onto direct heat, as it’ll burn the pastry, so make sure you place them in an indirect heated area, and cook for 10 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown, and the cheese in the sausage melts. You can also make these in a standard oven at a similar heat and time.
Hot Honey Sauce
- Now, as delicious as these sausage rolls will be on their own, we recommend making this super quick and easy hot honey dressing to dip them in, trust us, you won’t regret it! Simply mix together German Mustard, Hot Sauce, Honey and a splash of Oil to taste, and you’re all set.
How to serve
- These cheesy sausage rolls are a great accompaniment at your next BBQ, and can be served with salad or roasted vegetables, or you can serve them alongside some of our other delicious, sausages, steaks or burgers, the choice is yours!